TALC:Hydrated Magnesium Silicate (3MgO.4SiO2.H2O) which also known as Talc or Soapstone as its commercial name is an alkali mineral which due to its exclusive characteristics is used as a filler in a vast spectrum of industries. Pure Talc contains 63.5% SiO2, 31.7% MgO and 4.8% H2O. Some unique characteristics of Talc are as follow:
- Talc is a hydrophobic mineral and is not soluble in water
- Talc has a high resistance against acids, heat and electricity
- Melting point of Talc is 1500 C.
- Talc is the softest mineral with the softness of 1 Mohs.
- Talc possess the characteristic of Oil Absorption
- Besides having a stone shape, it feels greasy and soapy